Wednesday, December 17, 2014

8 days before Christmas....


Oh by golly,
these 10 things are making me holly jolly...

1. Picking up $30 in the street.

2.  Finding the perfect gift for the Duke of Earl.
 I hadn't had a clue as to what to give him 24 hours before going to the estate sale, where I scored a gift that is going to knock his socks off.
(Do you ever go to estate sales?  If not, you should give it a try.  It's a treasure hunt with potential bargains, and a great way to recycle.  And for me, they are also a poignant reminder that my stuff's value is only in the significance I place on it.  Here's a link to the estate sale site I use to find sales near me. http://www.estatesales.net/
 Remember in light of the world's diminishing resources, "any attempt to recycle instead of buying new is a foot on the brake instead of the accelerator". 

3.  An owl in our backyard.

4.  The monarch butterflies in our gardens. 
 Oh my gosh, the milkweed I planted and let have its way, is working passed my expectations.  We have monarchs in every stage of their life in the garden all the time now.  Plant some milkweed, you will not regret it.
Did you know that the average caterpillar has 248 muscles in its head?  Who counts these things?

5.  The Christmas tree in the lobby of the Grand California Hotel at Disneyland.

6.  The Santa Fe Cranberry Salsa at Rutabegorz Restaurant.  
It's their 44¢ appetizer for December.  It is served with tortilla chips.  If you live in SoCal, Ruta's is a great place to eat.   http://www.rutabegorz.com/

7.  My December tablescape,
 which I put together with no new purchases...other than the candles of course.  
I can't get a good shot of it, but here it is.



The mirror has a nice weathered look to it, because it is normally a garden mirror.  It was a hand-me-up from April several years ago and has lived outdoors ever since.  I'm liking it in the house on top of this cabinet so much, I think it will be an indoor mirror for awhile.




That's me reflected in the mirror, still in my robe.  I thought the morning light might help in catching the blend of all the tablescape's elements, but it didn't.

8.  Pope Francis.

9. Celebrating my Dad's 94th birthday. 
 ( However, I am not liking that the DMV continues extending his driver's license.)

10.  The rain we've been getting. 

For you readers who have young children, know that the Christmas' with your young children are going to be the happiest ever for you.  I hope you enjoy every magic moment.


t.t.f.n. ~ Carol 

No comments:

Post a Comment