Monday, September 23, 2013

Turning a new leaf








I love a good curb find. 

My house is filled with them to prove it.

And my garden, too.




I scored this former fountain, that was left

for trash pick up, a year and a half ago.

I gave it new life as a planter

in our front garden.

It is the perfect anchor

for the path the letter carrier travels on

six days a week.

I planted this found treasure with

Harvest Lemon Chiffon Coral Bells

and 

Vinca minor vines.

The vinca minor is trailing to the ground after less than a 

year and a half.  Its blue "periwinkle" flowers appear

repeatedly during the spring and summer.

The six inch spikes, on which the coral bells flowers 

bloom, contrast with the cascading vines of the vinca.

Both plants do well in shady areas.

The tiny coral bell flowers invite a stop-and-look,

as passersby step onto the path leading to our front door.


 t.t.f.n. ~ Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment